Friday, September 1, 2017

Non-Fiction Reading Passages

Non-fiction gives a wide variety of information, but it's not just the information that's important. Reading can also greatly increase grammatical and spelling skills as well as improve student conversational/lingual abilities. Research says that non-fiction promotes student success!

I created the following products after realizing I was in need of non-fiction passages that would engage and motivate my students.

I've used these passages during guided reading groups, as a cold read, comprehension practice, homework, and even as an assessment. I know you will find them as useful in your classroom as I have in mine!

Teaching Tip: Extend the activity by having students highlight unfamiliar words and define them.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON VOLUME 1:


CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON VOLUME 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!