Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2016

Dr. Seuss Themed Decor

As promised...here are some pics of the Dr. Seuss crate seats I created (see the post below this one on how to do-it-yourself).




With the extra material, I created a "READ" sign for my Dr. Seuss themed library:

Wood letters from Michaels (on sale for .99 each)...


I painted each letter in a Dr. Seuss themed color...


I cut out images from the extra material I had from the crate seats (above)...


I laid the images on the letters to see where I liked it...



Once the cloth images were placed where I wanted it, I pulled out the MOD PODGE!!!


I brushed it on the back of the cloth images and then brushed the images on the letters...



My first self-created sign! It's still a little wet, but I got over excited and wanted to take pictures to show my husband who was at work =)


My next Dr. Seuss project is a wooden chair and then a book shelf. If it comes out half-way decent, I'll post the pictures =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!